Full-time contract position
Cox eLearning Consultants (COX) is a fast-growing enterprise of talented professionals, specializing in marketing and business consulting services for the corporate education, eLearning and HR industries. Our clients include prominent corporations and a variety of HR and educational technology providers.
This is a 1099 full-time contract position. The hours are somewhat flexible, but it is highly desired to be available during US-Central business hours (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM).
You will support COX in understanding and meeting customer needs and selling products and services. Candidate must have outstanding sales skills as well as familiarity with marketing services and the eLearning and HR Solutions industry. He/she must be very organized, self-motivated and able to work well independently.
We are searching for individuals wishing to become a part of a much greater team, not just a worker looking for a paycheck. If highly achieved, equity opportunities, company partnership and tremendous resume and future career possibilities are available!
Qualified candidates will assist in sales of our products and services and is expected to achieve maximum sales profitability within our market segment, effectively selling COX technical and professional products and marketing services. Personal contacts are expected as well as securing new business accounts and customers. Industry contact leads will also be provided.
- Prospecting and setting sales appointments
- Provide and demonstrate our products and services to potential customers using a consultative approach and assist them in selecting those that best suits their needs.
- Generate sales proposals for prospects and close the sale.
- Recording all contact activity in our CRM
- Once competency of COX products and services is established, you may also promote and sell orders to existing customers (involving a relationship-based approach).
- Self-disciplined and flexible self-starter, with confidence and drive to work independently and meet all project deadlines, including occasionally working outside of normal business hours
- Preferred minimum of 2 years work experience in HR, elearning, corporate training, or similar fields
- Strong communication, both verbal and written, and organizational skills
- Strong computer and computer software skills; Microsoft Office Suite is a must, including Outlook, scheduling appointments in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using a CRM
- Demonstrated attitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach)
- Be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Excellent phone skills with a friendly voice
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize responsibilities
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or related disciplines (preferred but not required)
- Previous experience working from home
- Experience working with US-based companies
- Home office set up with adequate equipment and software, high speed internet connection, and telephone equipment. Phoen service will be provided.
- Willingness to learn and develop certain (new) competencies
- Sharp, creative, assertive individual who performs well in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Possess minimum 2 year experience in the IT area, preferably with LMSes (learning management systems) and eLearning
Responsibilities & Duties
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the market segment in order to generate new business for the company’s products and services
- Makes telephone calls and presentations to prospective customers
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals for current and prospective customers
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints
- Coordinates the sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service persons
- Analyzes the market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers value to the company
- Compares and analyzes other company’s products and services
- Recommends changes in products, services and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the return on time investment for the given segment
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales
- Provide sales forecasts and/or other reports
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Compensation is paid on a commission basis and may be a combination of (a) sales commission, (b) bonus for personal achievement, (c) bonus for company organizational achievement, and (d) opportunity to become a partner in the company. We are looking for someone who is willing to sacrifice some compensation today in return for the long-term pay-off of achieving bonuses as well as possibly becoming a partner if of the proper character and work ethic. Generally, we are looking for someone who is comfortable with an annual compensation of $50-100K. Quality salespersons can achieve compensation in excess of $100K.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter that includes the job position you are applying for. Please also include your resume and email both to email@example.com. Please include “Attn: Kerry” in the subject line.