Part-time contract position: 20-30 hrs per week
This is a part-time bookkeeper/admin position working for Cox eLearning Consultants (www.coxec.com). Cox eLearning Consultants (COX) is a business specializing in marketing and consulting for the industries of corporate education, eLearning and HR technologies. As needed, bookkeeper will also provide support to other companies associated with COX, one of which is InsiderHub (www.InsiderHub.com). InsiderHub (IH) is a small start-up internet company involved in the intersection of education, HR, computers and the internet.
This is a 1099 contract position at 20-30 hours per week. It is possible that this position could lead to regular full-time employment. The work is primarily to be conducted at our Livermore, CA office generally Monday-Friday, between 8:00am – 5:00pm. Monday-Thursday would be a minimum of 4 hrs per day at the office. Friday’s schedule will vary. Only applicants from the Livermore/Tri-Valley area will be considered. Some work may be permitted at your home, for which you are required to have your own PC laptop (not Mac) running Microsoft Office.
You will be trained by an existing accountant/bookkeeper. And, you will have the opportunity to seek guidance and ask questions of the company’s outsourced CPA.
The applicant must have a solid background in accounting and will handle cash disbursements, cash receipts, payroll, bank reconciliation and handle collections. Understanding complex accounting-billing systems via QuickBooks is a requirement, as is a sophisticated understanding of financial statements. As part of the interview process, you will interview with our external CPA accounting firm in order to ascertain your skills and knowledge.
The person will be responsible for preparing monthly financial statements, sales reports and budget reports. This person must be able to work well in an environment with diverse staff, and must have an awareness and understanding of cultural, racial, religious, and economic differences.
You will also assist the HR department in the handling of a variety of HR and other administrative tasks as well as provide office/customer support.
- Expert both with QuickBooks and with MS Excel
- Have your own PC laptop running Microsoft Office Suite and be very proficient with the MS Office programs, including Outlook
- Experience in using Time-Billing software that is used by professionals for tracking time and invoicing
- Understands budgets and financial statements
- Self-directed, highly motivated, reliable
- Organized, good writing and verbal skills
- Comfortable with collections work
- Friendly, customer service oriented personality
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cash disbursements
- Review invoices, code to appropriate account, write checks
- Review daily requests for checks, code to appropriate account, write checks
- Review monthly expenditures, bill appropriate funding sources
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Collections on slow paying clients or bad debts
- Generate invoices
- Generate monthly client reconciliations
- Track invoice payment and follow up with clients who have not paid on time
- Track clients that are due to renew their contracts
- Calculate sales commissions
- Review bi-weekly time sheets, code to appropriate account, prepare paychecks through QuickBooks payroll system
- Track and reconcile employee benefits
- Reconcile and make monthly tax deposits
- Reconcile and prepare quarterly tax reports
- Reconcile and file annual W-2 and 1099 tax statements
Budgets, Billings, Financial Statements, Audit
- Assist in preparing annual budgets
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Assist in preparing budget reports
- Assist with annual audit (performed by CPA)
- Review expense reports and make any necessary adjustments
- Prepare reports and reimbursement checks for management signature
Executive Financial Assistance
- Assist executives in assembling personal expense reports
- Assist executives in coding of personal expenses and preparation of taxes
- Assist with creating and documenting policies as it relates to expenses, commissions and other financial matters
Administrative & Human Resources
- Assist with executing new employee and contractor documents
- Assist with new employee and contractor orientation
- Assist with writing and maintaining employee handbook and other employee policies
- Setup initial office
- Establish office procedures
- Manage office environment
- Assist with mailings, bank deposits, shipping & receiving
- Assist with a variety of other administrative tasks, as directed
- Assist consulting staff with the tracking of projects
- Assist with generation of project status reports
$20-25 per hour DOE. Full-time work with employee status, including benefits, may become available in the future, based upon bookkeeper’s performance and the company’s growth.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Bookkeeper/Admin” in the subject line. With your resume, include a cover letter, your compensation requirements and anything else that might be of interest to us.